Health Integrator and Region Stockholm and today presents a new, long-term health care initiative to prevent public health diseases such as type 2 diabetes. Through a digital health platform, users gain access to a large number of health services and providers in areas such as physical activity, diet, sleep and stress management. The Stockholm region finances the long-term prevention initiative with a unique health bond, a Health Impact Bond.
- We are very pleased to launch our new health platform today together with Region Stockholm, Skandia and SEB, says Fredrik Söder, initiator and CEO of Health Integrator, a startup company in preventive health.
- With a "digital vaccine" we want to give individuals the right conditions to succeed in changing their living habits in a sustainable way. With the support of a health educator, a health test and a tailor-made solution, the chances of success increase, says Fredrik Söder.
The initiative aims to offer people help to feel better and to prevent chronic folk diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. These diseases increase rapidly and create a lot of suffering for individuals and large societal costs. Successful prevention efforts against these common diseases can free up large resources that can be used for other care.
The Stockholm region finances its long-term investment with a health bond, a Health Impact Bond. Repayment and interest are linked to how successful the preventive effort is. This financial bond model that Region Stockholm has developed is the first known of its kind, also internationally.
The health platform is the result of a collaboration between Region Stockholm, Health Integrator, Skandia as a financier and SEB that has developed the financial model. A number of partners, financiers and service providers are included in the initiative, for example Apoteket, Friskis & Svettis and ICA Klassikern. Part of the development and testing has been carried out with funding from EIT Health (European Institute for Innovation & Technology) and under the leadership of RISE (Research Institute of Sweden) where, among others, KI (Karolinska Institutet) and GIH (Gymnastics and Sports University) have been with.
The Health Integrator health platform has been tested in a clinical study in collaboration with KI, Stockholm region, Arriva, Apoteket, Nobina and Länsförsäkringar.
- Creating lasting life-habits changes is a challenge, says Ylva Trolle Lagerros, chief physician at the Overweight Center in the Stockholm region and a researcher at the Karolinska Institute, who led the pilot study. With digital solutions such as Health Integrator's app and platform, there is now the possibility of tailor-made support in everyday life, to make the changes in living habits that have long been thought to make.
- Few apps have been scientifically evaluated, but the Health Integrator app has been tested in a randomized controlled study of just over 200 people. Already after three months, we could see statistically significant differences in health variables such as waist measurements and blood pressure between the group that used the Health Integrator app and the group that did not receive the app, ”says Ylva Trolle Lagerros.
Read more about the pilot study here. *
Through the digital health platform, there is a wide range of health services and actors that the individual chooses based on their conditions and needs, after initial tests and coaching talks with a trained health educator. The health service can be paid for by health insurance contributions from employers or from your own wallet. There are different arrangements based on the individual's wishes and conditions.
The health platform is aimed at individuals and employers who want to offer their employees a long-term health care solution where the individual selects activities and health services from the platform.
Read press information from the Stockholm region, www.sll.se
* Bonn et al. BMC Public Health (2019) 19: 273 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-6595-6
Questions about our health platform: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Health Integrator strengthens the individual's ability to find tailor-made methods and achieve sustainable, long-term changes in everyday living habits, in order to feel better and prevent illness. The Health Integrator health platform provides easy access to a large number of activities and health services gathered in one place. With the help of a health educator and tests, the individual chooses the health services, activities and payment methods that are best suited. The health platform gives the individual the opportunity to consume selected health services based on their unique needs and conditions.
With the support of: